Thursday, December 11

Candy Land Christmas Stockings

courtesy of Vanessa Valencia of A Fanciful Twist's free (we all can appreciate that these days) stocking tutorial. It was very easy to follow, I did not sew these at all which made it all the more fun to make. I stuck with her glue gun way of assembling these. Glittering and gluing down the candy on these means I will not eat the candy from the finished project as I am wont to do.

I have made gingerbread houses several times and I must say these truly have that wonderful magical gingerbread house quality to them. They really are beautiful.

Exciting eco note: these are felt squares bought at Wal Mart made by Eco-Fi and are made from recycled plastic bottles.

Here is one 'in action' hanging at the fireplace


Here they are all lined up


And a close up



Thank you Vanessa!