Monday, March 31

Easter Basket Swap

My basket ready to go, look at the little faces peeping out - excited about their trip to Australia!




This is the beautiful basket Linda sent me:





Linda was assigned as my Easter Basket Swap buddy. This was my very first swap and it was so much fun. I got to meet an international e-friend, but more exciting her basket had an Australian flair that I truly enjoyed.


What fun to have a big box arriving and opening it up. Hubby and me immediately ate the huge chocolate bunny she included. I unpacked everything and would later sit down to truly enjoy the experience she sent me.

Me and my new pals Kanga and Roo sat down together (I love them). I simmered the delicious tea (even had a little sugar cube packed with it) and sipped and read the postcards she sent of her town. Kingaroy in Queensland is where she lives. I looked at her beautiful card she made for me and sorted out the eggs of many varieties she sent. A rose bookmark, a little pillow with my initial, and even some footies were among the things she sent. And paper items for crafting. Thank you Linda!

And I must mention what a doll she is. My basket got to her on Monday the day after Easter. This was our first ever international shipment and she did not get it in time. I felt so bad I sent her a 'sussie' - a little extra gift. She was so nice about it all - she is a great e-friend.